Tuesday, August 4, 2009

To sign or not to sign... the dotted line?

I have a true loathing for corporations, especially corporate restaurants. Mostly because I have the opportunity to avoid them. But that's all that has been willing to hire me here. I have about a week to back out, if other offers that fit my schedule arise.

Could be fascinating to infiltrate the corporation from a blogging/ amateur-journalist view point. You think?

I smashed the Praxis I today. ETS. I hate you, too.

In other news: I received confirmation today that I am hired as a field instructor in the Curriculum and Instruction Field Experiences office at PSU. Basically, that means I will be supervising some undergraduate pre-service teachers, and I couldn't be more satisfied. I can stay in the schools, in a role that I think will suit me well, and I can talk with other people about teaching all day. What could I possibly enjoy more? If I can get all of my hours completed by the end of the summer, then hopefully I will meet enough people to work myself into a position at a local school next year and take my thesis slowly. I want it to be well thought out.

I have bread that's about to come out of its machine. Overall, a damn good day.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a position just right for you, Katie. I am so happy things are working out for you! I want you to have great things to say about PA.

    ReplyDelete