Friday, June 26, 2009

Down in B-Town

Fair enough, here's what's going down in B-town:

A) My cats are adjusting well; in fact, they're thriving. My parents LOVE them, and I think they like not having a dog around to chase them. Layla has no interest in going outside, currently, which I think is surprising. I took them both to the vet today; they each have a clean bill of health, all of their shots, and some de-fleaing, heart-worm preventative meds. I have two very happy kitties.

B) Mom donated a two-week free pass to a gym in Harker Heights to me which was very nice of her. It's alright-- it's small, and I liked being a lost soul in the UNT gym because I knew no one had any idea what I was doing. I felt like a doofus today, studying some of their machinery, because I'm not used to some of it. Fortunately, a one-hour training session also comes with the pass, so I'm hoping to learn something about their machines-- and maybe free weights? I'd like to learn enough to work out on my own. Also notable, the BHS Natatorium is open for public swims, so I think I'm going to hit up some lap swims this week there. I won't sit around & get fat!

C) I've been reading quite a bit. I finished Skinny Bitch which pissed me off despite its few good points. I also read Three Cups of Tea, but it was the kids version (Mom had it on hand). I have the gist of the story, but I know I'm missing out on the good details of the trials in Greg Mortenson's Pakistani-Afghani venture. He's really pretty amazing, and I'd like to read the real deal. Also picked up The Art of Making Money today at Barnes & Noble because I listened to an interview with the author, Jason Kersten, on NPR on my way to Belton. Incredibly captivating-- it's about a master counterfeiter, Art Williams, and how he dodged the law and eventually was caught. The writing is amazing (Jason Kersten works for The Rolling Stone), and the story is incredulous. So far, so good. Still looking for Lamb, and seeing as my sports bras & jewelry showed up today, I'm sure it's next! I really want to finish that dang book! My daytime reading is about to be Civil Disobedience, but I have yet to embark on that literature-- need a good coffee break.

Anyway-- I'm disappointed I'm missing Trebuchet tonight and JP & Shannon's wedding tomorrow, but I am attending my cousin's half-brother's wedding tomorrow evening which will surely be a (drunken) blast. Still on the lookout for a cheap winner of a bike and some extra cashflow.

Love ya kids!

1 comment:

  1. The Trebuchet show was pretty awesome, its quite different with Keith on stage.

    ReplyDelete